- Take photos from the top-down with nothing obstructioning the view on the SCOBY (such as glass).
- Try to fill the frame with the jar and SCOBY.
- Disable the flash, the reflection can often look like mould
- Ensure the area of concern is in focus, on mobile devices this usually means tapping the screen to focus on the area.
- Photos taken from the side or through glass/plastic/anything will result in poor prediction results.
- Use a 'normal' picture mode, this means dont use Portrait, Night Mode and also disable the flash.
- Visible reflections from things like flashes can often be confused as mould
- If a picture is subjective, often isitmouldy.com will struggle too. Garbage in, garbage out!
Image too blurry, try again!
- The provided image is too blurry, try focus on the pellicle.
- The provided image is too noisy, try focus on the pellicle.
- Not enough of the pellicle (the leathery disc) is visible, ensure the photo is taken top down with the pellicle filling up the photo.
- For a prediction to be made, the pellicle must be detected.